Things learned from watching the 2008 AMAs
- No one actually gets an award at these things. That’s for the end credits, silly.
- Like the GOP, the VMAs have a lot of strategizing to do for next year. They got served!
- Pink should perform with everyone.
- Peeps should be less concerned with their kids being taught about gay marriage in schools (it’s coming y’all) and more worried with the usual onslaught of pole dancing lessons from the Pussycat Dolls.
- There are no commercially viable rock acts. And adult contemporary artists like Coldplay don’t count.
- ‘80s prom dresses have taken over the red carpet. Molly Ringwald is a genius!
- The AMAs are voted on by fans, which means they are worth about as much as Lehman Bros. stock.
The AMAs had the best lineup they’ve ever had and finally realized that no one wants to see 3 Doors Down, Rascal Flats or Bebe Winans perform on primetime TV. Amen.
Feel free to send me your thoughts and critiques.
Until the Golden Globes in two months!