The annual Costume Institute Gala at the Metropolitan Museum of Art is all about fashion, drama and letting us have it. It is the Oscars on steroids. It is not for the timid, the safe, or for placating the small minds of the basic masses at home. Ready-to-Wear is not allowed.
That being said, here are 20 MAYJAH lewks from this year’s MET GALA, whose theme was “China: Through the Looking Glass.” #culturalappropriationalert
1. Eat your heart out, Khaleesi. Introducing Sarah Jessica Parker, Mother of Dragons. Carrie Bradshaw is alive and well.
2. Vogue Creative Director, Grace Coddington knows it’s her party and she can wear
Prada pajamas if she wants too! It’s all about Miss Grace, y’all.
3. Take away the bizarre statement necklace and Jennifer Lawrence is every PR girl working media check-in at a movie premiere. “Like, omigawd, I don’t see your name on the list.” Katniss needs to set this dress on fire!
4. Katie Holmes in Zac Posen. Rihanna wig sold separately.
5. This is the most hood you will ever see Anne Hathaway.
6. Elizabeth Banks serving Real Housewives of New Jersey realness. Styling by Dina Manzo.
7. The girl from The Ring is all growed up and BFFs with Selena Gomez, who, by the way, is finally showing off her voluptuous Latina curves. Wepa!
8. Kris Jenner in Linda Dano/Fellica Gallant Another World drag. Thank God Bruce is now safe.
9. Full House is dead to them, but American Horror Story would be a game changer for The Olsen Twins.
10. Lorde have mercy.
11. It’s Bieberace. Behind the Douchelabra.
12. What would Giuliana Rancic think about this? More importantly, how the hell does Zendaya get invited to all these A-list events? Patchouli oil and weed?
13. Beauty and the Beast in reverse. J.Lo knows to always keep a safe distance of at least two feet away from the Donatella Verzombie.
14. It takes a village, people! Rihanna is giving you GOWN for the GAWDS. #BedBathAndBeyondHauteCouture
15. Someone please inform Ms. Witherspoon that it’s the MET GALA not the Golden Globes! #snore #boring #change
16. It’s not nice to make fun of the fashion handicapped. #KatyPerryAlwaysGetsItWrong
17. Game of Thrones! But you are never getting the crown, bitches! #QueenOfPop
18. Would she ever really date a man THAT old? Believe it or not, only ONE of them is 36. #gavegoodface
19. That aint’ some sort of oil slick, it’s Solange destroying all the chickens in her path with her avant-garde eleganza. Sorry, but this is the Knowles sister who really slayed … and no elevator was required this year.
20. Forget Mayweather & Pacquiao, the fight of the century is the battle of the sheer bejeweled vagina dresses! Jenna Jameson would be so proud of these two.
That’s it. Now if only E! or Bravo or Logo would get it together and finally air this red carpet next year?! Sheesh! Don’t they know their audience?
The end. See y’all at H&M.
Oh wait, it’s actually just (top row, left to right) 35-year-old Real Housewives of Orange County newbie Lizzie Rovsek, Basketball Wives LA HBIC Jackie Christie, 45, someone named Carly Robyn Green, age unknown, pink weaved Bad Girls Club alum Natalie Nunn, 30, (bottom row, left to right) struggling dancer/singer/actress Porscha Coleman, 29, ex-Pussycat Dolls member Melody Thornton, 30, Teen Mom turned sex tape disaster Farrah Abraham,
41 23, and buxom former child bride sensation Courtney Stodden, 20, servin’ fish at the listening party for Jason Derulo‘s new album Everything Is 4 in Hollywood on Wednesday.
They are giving you charisma, uniqueness, nerve and talent realness!
Moral of this story: Never judge a synthetic weave and beat face for the GAWDS by its cover.
They are 45-year-old divorced mothers of twins, New York native pop divas with a penchant for honey blonde horse weaves, who have sat behind the judge’s table on American Idol and starred in two of the worst movies of the last fifteen years to begin with the letter G, so Mariah Carey and Jennifer Lopez have a lot more in common besides utter disdain for the other.
Looking like the repurposed cover of her 1998 greatest hits album, My Little Pony and Tamar Braxton going as Ariana Grande for Halloween, a version of Mimi was meticulously cropped onto the front of her brand new record #1 to Infinity striking a cleavage-baring, leggy pose similar to the one J.Lo flawlessly executed – in the actual flesh – at the MTV Movie Awards on Sunday.
These photos prove both are unreal.
Looking much leaner and slightly less coiffed in a good way, the 33-year-old adult hipster did his best emaciated Josh Brolin impersonation (left) at an event celebrating the new single “Can’t Deny My Love” in New York on Monday.
Previously, the devout Mormon hipster shocked fans after transforming from a pudgy-faced, guyliner-friendly hipster in 2005 (top right), into a more clean-cut and impeccably manicured, smooth hipster in 2010 (bottom right).
Being a hipster father of three really changes you.
The San Fernando Valley’s perennial It girl took her platinum dye job – and curious bone structure – to the next level by going totally retro and channeling Gelfling beauty Kira from Muppet creator Jim Henson’s 1982 film The Dark Crystal.
It’s amazing what they can do with Animatronics these days.
All dolled up in a statement red headpiece, long wavy locks cascading down past her shoulders and a luxurious furry pelt, the I Know Who Killed Me star proved to be quite the stylish character.
With the final 125 hours of community service for
DUI stealing jewelry Liz & Dick a 2012 reckless driving case due by May 28th, LiLo’s long road back home may finally be near.
She is a beast for having the courage to keep her head up.
She may just be a growing 17-year-old girl, but Kylie Jenner did her best to appear like an adult glamazon by donning fake tracks from her Kylie Hair Kouture weave line, long false eyelashes, loads of face bronzer, deep red paint on her curiously plump lips, makeup conturing to accentuate her underage breasts, a completely age-appropriate exposed black bra, elegant sheer top and a set of fake acrylic coke nails left over from mommie dearest Kris Jenner‘s days at Spago Hollywood in the ’80s … to attend a daytime event for some lotion while unchaperoned in London over the weekend.
Kylie is such a good role model … for contestants on RuPaul’s Drag Race.
Here’s Owen Wilson, as male model Hansel McDonald, rockin’ a fantastic, blonde Midwestern soccer mom, blown-out, wispy, shag wig from Lowe’s while filming Zoolander 2 in Rome this weekend (left) — and Michael Jackson‘s ex-wife and the alleged biological mother of two of his children, Debbie Rowe, back in 2005 (right).
Androgyny is so hot right now.