Orange County? New Jersey? Minneapolis-St.Paul?!
For some unknown reason, basic pop star Katy Perry, 30, and former actress Mischa Barton both showed up to separate events on opposite coasts this week decked out like they were at a cattle call for the latest installment of the popular Bravo franchise Andy Cohen’s Drag Race.
Looking like Kyle Richards at the CMAs, Katy got it all wrong yet again by rockin’ a blown out ’60s First Lady weave, chandelier earrings from Teresa Giudice‘s estate auction and a black low-cut Moschino prom dress for the premiere of Jeremy Scott: The People’s Designer in Hollywood.
Meanwhile, Mischa, 52, came out of retirement to do her best Krystle Carrington impersonation in an ’80s Aqua Net™ bouffant ‘do and a red matronly gown from the Vicki Gunvalson collection – available exclusively at the Brea Mall – for a Toronto Film Festival related event.
This definitely calls for flipping tables, weave pulling and wine fights.
Here are 15 Things learned from barely watching the 2015 MTV VMAs.
- With snatched weaves, beat faces and tacky dresses, it was all about Miley Cyrus’ drag queen posse.
2. Which hopefully means we are nearing the end of the reign of Kim Kardashian’s drag queen posse.
3. In keeping with the RuPaul theme, Nicki Minaj and Taylor Swift did their best to lip synch for their lives!
4. For some unknown reason, the night’s red carpet was sponsored by Showgirls. How else to explain why so many paid homage to Nomi Malone? #Goddess
5. Eight years after imploding live on the VMA stage, Britney Spears returned looking lucid, animated and able to woodenly read a teleprompter again. Sadly, there weren’t enough meds – or conservators – in the world to remove that God-awful navel piercing. #LeaveBritneysBellyAlone
6. Contractually bound for life, forced to appear in mind-numbing propaganda videos and sworn allegiance to an egomaniacal leader, Taylor Swift’s “Bad Blood” squad is like Scientology repurposed for leggy millennial supermodels & assorted B-list actresses. Tay’s next concert stop is sure to feature a duet with Xenu.
7. The Weeknd has some serious love for the Jacksons. His oversized jacket and unruly weave was giving us straight up “Control”-era Janet, while the pyrotechnics were a 911-call away from igniting him ala Michael‘s doomed Pepsi commercial. I can’t feel my face … because it’s melting!
Kristen Stewart Justin Bieber proved he’s just like every other drunk girl on a Saturday night. He first went to DryBar, then danced & cried. Now all he needs is the morning-after pill.
10. Scary realization #1: It’s a fact, Rebel Wilson is no longer funny.
11. Scary realization #2: At 43, Jared Leto could potentially be the biological father of most of the night’s performers and nominees. Breed me, Jordan Catalano!
12. Scary realization #3: With so many of these new pop babies & YouTube toddlers running amok on stage, I’m actually relieved when I see a Kardashian, if for no other reason than that they’re recognizable.
13. He looked like he was dressed for The Reaping, so screw the presidency, I nominate Kanye West as Tribute. #BipartisanSupport
Here are Orange Is the New Black star Laverne Cox and woman of the hour Caitlyn Jenner (top) at a screening of the former Olympian’s new reality series I Am Cait over the weekend — and Her Royal Highness Beyonce Knowles Carter and her birth mother Tina Knowles Lawson (bottom) at an event in NYC a few years ago.
Who run the world? Weaves!
Here’s 65-year-old Caitlyn Jenner, one day after giving that powerful speech at the ESPY Awards, in a chic wrap dress and statement hat at the Del Mar Racetrack Opening Day celebration in San Diego on Thursday – and Julia Roberts as Vivian Ward in the polo match scene from everyone’s favorite 1990 hooker romcom Pretty Woman.
Welcome to Hollywood. What’s your dream?
In the vein of high-waisted shorts, acid wash and Birkenstocks, Girls creator/Taylor Swift cult member Lena Dunham furthered the millennial obsession of making unflattering outfits trendy by rockin’ a chambray denim fundamentalist polygamist Mormon sister-wife prairie dress to an event at Lincoln Center on Monday.
While the 29-year-old forwent the trademark long braid and sideswept pouf bangs and opted for her effortless Bieber boy cut instead, at press time, denizens of Brooklyn and the east side of Los Angeles still remained on high alert.
For the love of Hannah Horvath, why didn’t she go naked this time?
With her Jergens Natural Glow Moisturizer™ and Ogilvie Home Perm™ working overtime, everyone’s favorite ‘transracial’ illusionist/future Dancing with the Stars contestant Rachel Dolezal sat down with Matt Lauer on the Today show and revealed her true ancestral lineage traces all the way back to … Marge Simpson‘s sister Selma Bouvier. Doh!
See, she really is a funny character.
The annual Costume Institute Gala at the Metropolitan Museum of Art is all about fashion, drama and letting us have it. It is the Oscars on steroids. It is not for the timid, the safe, or for placating the small minds of the basic masses at home. Ready-to-Wear is not allowed.
That being said, here are 20 MAYJAH lewks from this year’s MET GALA, whose theme was “China: Through the Looking Glass.” #culturalappropriationalert
1. Eat your heart out, Khaleesi. Introducing Sarah Jessica Parker, Mother of Dragons. Carrie Bradshaw is alive and well.
2. Vogue Creative Director, Grace Coddington knows it’s her party and she can wear
Prada pajamas if she wants too! It’s all about Miss Grace, y’all.
3. Take away the bizarre statement necklace and Jennifer Lawrence is every PR girl working media check-in at a movie premiere. “Like, omigawd, I don’t see your name on the list.” Katniss needs to set this dress on fire!
4. Katie Holmes in Zac Posen. Rihanna wig sold separately.
5. This is the most hood you will ever see Anne Hathaway.
6. Elizabeth Banks serving Real Housewives of New Jersey realness. Styling by Dina Manzo.
7. The girl from The Ring is all growed up and BFFs with Selena Gomez, who, by the way, is finally showing off her voluptuous Latina curves. Wepa!
8. Kris Jenner in Linda Dano/Fellica Gallant Another World drag. Thank God Bruce is now safe.
9. Full House is dead to them, but American Horror Story would be a game changer for The Olsen Twins.
10. Lorde have mercy.
11. It’s Bieberace. Behind the Douchelabra.
12. What would Giuliana Rancic think about this? More importantly, how the hell does Zendaya get invited to all these A-list events? Patchouli oil and weed?
13. Beauty and the Beast in reverse. J.Lo knows to always keep a safe distance of at least two feet away from the Donatella Verzombie.
14. It takes a village, people! Rihanna is giving you GOWN for the GAWDS. #BedBathAndBeyondHauteCouture
15. Someone please inform Ms. Witherspoon that it’s the MET GALA not the Golden Globes! #snore #boring #change
16. It’s not nice to make fun of the fashion handicapped. #KatyPerryAlwaysGetsItWrong
17. Game of Thrones! But you are never getting the crown, bitches! #QueenOfPop
18. Would she ever really date a man THAT old? Believe it or not, only ONE of them is 36. #gavegoodface
19. That aint’ some sort of oil slick, it’s Solange destroying all the chickens in her path with her avant-garde eleganza. Sorry, but this is the Knowles sister who really slayed … and no elevator was required this year.
20. Forget Mayweather & Pacquiao, the fight of the century is the battle of the sheer bejeweled vagina dresses! Jenna Jameson would be so proud of these two.
That’s it. Now if only E! or Bravo or Logo would get it together and finally air this red carpet next year?! Sheesh! Don’t they know their audience?
The end. See y’all at H&M.
Oh wait, it’s actually just (top row, left to right) 35-year-old Real Housewives of Orange County newbie Lizzie Rovsek, Basketball Wives LA HBIC Jackie Christie, 45, someone named Carly Robyn Green, age unknown, pink weaved Bad Girls Club alum Natalie Nunn, 30, (bottom row, left to right) struggling dancer/singer/actress Porscha Coleman, 29, ex-Pussycat Dolls member Melody Thornton, 30, Teen Mom turned sex tape disaster Farrah Abraham,
41 23, and buxom former child bride sensation Courtney Stodden, 20, servin’ fish at the listening party for Jason Derulo‘s new album Everything Is 4 in Hollywood on Wednesday.
They are giving you charisma, uniqueness, nerve and talent realness!
Moral of this story: Never judge a synthetic weave and beat face for the GAWDS by its cover.
They are 45-year-old divorced mothers of twins, New York native pop divas with a penchant for honey blonde horse weaves, who have sat behind the judge’s table on American Idol and starred in two of the worst movies of the last fifteen years to begin with the letter G, so Mariah Carey and Jennifer Lopez have a lot more in common besides utter disdain for the other.
Looking like the repurposed cover of her 1998 greatest hits album, My Little Pony and Tamar Braxton going as Ariana Grande for Halloween, a version of Mimi was meticulously cropped onto the front of her brand new record #1 to Infinity striking a cleavage-baring, leggy pose similar to the one J.Lo flawlessly executed – in the actual flesh – at the MTV Movie Awards on Sunday.
These photos prove both are unreal.
Looking much leaner and slightly less coiffed in a good way, the 33-year-old adult hipster did his best emaciated Josh Brolin impersonation (left) at an event celebrating the new single “Can’t Deny My Love” in New York on Monday.
Previously, the devout Mormon hipster shocked fans after transforming from a pudgy-faced, guyliner-friendly hipster in 2005 (top right), into a more clean-cut and impeccably manicured, smooth hipster in 2010 (bottom right).
Being a hipster father of three really changes you.